Author Topic: SOCIAL UPDATE  (Read 411 times)

Scott

• HOC Committee
  • Chairman
SOCIAL UPDATE
« on: March 10, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »
Dear HOC Member,

Hope you are all well and that you are preparing your Heskeths for the riding season ahead (or still enjoying the season in the summer hemisphere)? Moreover, I thought I would take this opportunity to highlight what is coming up over this forthcoming year…

AGM – 10th  April

Details of this year's Annual General Meeting were distributed with Sock 113.  If you've misplaced your copy and need a reminder, please contact any member of the HOC Committee - HOC Admin.

Free tea and coffee will be provided with lunch being available for purchase from the museum’s café.

This event is a must if you wish to learn more about what the HOC is up to under the direction of the elected committee.  Therefore, if you would like help influence the Club’s future, stand for a committee position or just catch up with other Members, please come along.  Of note, if there is anything you’d wish to discuss at the AGM, please inform the 

Stafford International Classic Motorcycle Show - 23–24th April

The Club’s main start to the motorcycling season commences with this renowned show.  Staging some of the best in classic motorcycling, the Staffordshire County Showground plays host to this with row-upon-row of displays to explore. Several halls and outside areas of the venue are packed with trade stands and autojumble plots.  Furthermore, along with a star guest, there will be a host of other classic motorcycle clubs, exciting live action, and, for those that wish to buy a new project, the Bonhams auction.

Daventry Motorcycle Festival – 11th June

Even though this is a relatively small family orientated festival, it is a very significant one for the HOC, especially due to the historical links between Daventry and Hesketh Motorcycles.  Because of this, the HOC remains the foremost attraction at this annual Motorcycle Festival.  Therefore, I am requesting that as many Members try to attend this event as possible. 

HOC Weekend Gathering (location TBN) – 8-10th July

This is a popular event which is intended to reach out Members in different parts of the UK that the HOC has not yet visited and a different location to that year’s Annual Rally.  Previous places have included the South West, East Anglia and Scotland.  I currently looking at a few venues; however, if you think you’d like the Club to visit your area please let me know.  It would be great to get the HOC to Yorks, so I’m appealing to those Members to inform of any good pubs/B&Bs in that region! 

Bentley Drivers Club Event at Silverstone – 6th August.   

Another successful event last year organized by David Sharp.  The HOC has been offered the opportunity to attend this auspicious day our bikes being set out as one of the main displays.  This occasion allows Members to witness some superb racing and look over some fantastic vehicles.  The meeting, known for its friendly and informal atmosphere, is a great family day out with racing from a diverse range of cars including: AC, MG, Porsche, Aston Martin and the traditional Morgan Championship round. Of course there will be plenty of Bentley action with two dedicated all-Bentley grids.

HOC Annual Rally, Snowdonia, North Wales – 8-11th September

Details of the venue for the Annual Rally were also distributed in Sock 113.  Again, for further updates, please refer to the Sock or enquire from any HOC Committee member - HOC Admin

This area of Wales is superb in terms of its natural beauty and fantastic motorcycling routes.  Due to the attraction of Snowdonia National Park, and all the activities that are offered there, availability of rooms has been very limited.  Having booked 12 rooms I now only have 4 rooms left; therefore, those that haven’t done so far, please let me know if you’d like to attend and I’ll book you into the hotel.  I’m also looking at some nearby campsites for those who prefer that type of accommodation.

I’ll keep you updated with plans and other possible accommodation suggestions. 

Stafford Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show – 15-16th October

This is a celebrating of emerging and modern classics from the 1960s, 70s and 80s.  Also taking place at the Staffordshire County Showground the event features over 900 traders, dealers and autojumble stands offering a wealth of parts and spares for every project. There’s a host of other club stands, exciting live action and the Bonhams auction.  As usual, the Club wishes to display at this annual event; however, this cannot be achieved without the help of volunteers.   Although assisting to set up on Friday evening is desirable, help manning the stand is more vital!  Therefore, if you would like free entrance in return for promoting the HOC for a few hours, either for the whole weekend or just one of the days please contact me with your details – thank you.

These are just some of this year’s social activities so please keep an eye on your emails/SOCK/HOC website for new information.  Failing that, please contact the Social Sec, Dave Harris. 

Furthermore, as I’ve mentioned previously, the HOC is reliant on participating Members to perhaps help organize, or bring to our attention, something in your area that would be of interest to others, or just a general offer of assistance at one of the Club’s activities.

Yours,
Scott Greig
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:41:16 AM by HOCAdmin »

Scott

• HOC Committee
  • Chairman
Re: SOCIAL UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 03:17:19 PM »
HOC Weekend Gathering (Lincolnshire) – 8th-10th July

This has become a popular event which is intended to reach out to those Members who reside in different parts of the UK not yet visited by the Club; furthermore, this will always be in different location to that of the Annual Rally.  Of note, although KC and John Waltham kindly offered their assistance, this year’s Gathering will take place at the Hare and Hounds, Fulbeck, Lincs, NG32 3JJ (about 10 miles east of Newark) where I have booked six double rooms.  I am currently planning the rides out which will encompass the Lincolnshire Wolds, a visit to the seaside and maybe a museum.  Names to me ASAP.

Of note, if you think you’d like the Club to visit your area please let me know.  It would be great to get the HOC to Yorkshire; therefore, I’m appealing to those Members to inform me of any suitable pubs/B&Bs in the UK’s largest county! 

Scott

Scott

• HOC Committee
  • Chairman
Re: SOCIAL UPDATE JUNE 17
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 11:52:56 AM »
HOC Member,

Forthcoming Club activity for the HOC’s 35th Anniversary!   

It was great to see those who came along to see us on the HOC stand at Stafford.  Many thanks to Peter and Claire’s for their artistic flair and efforts which meant the stand was well worth a look, but also recognition must go to Terry and Dora, and the others for assisting with the stand set and running.  Dave Hartell and myself had an eventful 1500 mile around the country visiting our most North, South, East and West Members – more of that in a future SOCK!

As you’ll be well aware, this year will be a socially busy one! Hopefully, there will be something for everyone in the Social Calendar listed below.  However, please let me know if there is anything else you’d like to do or know of anything that will of interest to Club Members…   

Daventry Motorcycle Festival – 10th June

Due to the connections with the town, this festival will recognize the Hesketh’s anniversary year; therefore, maximum members’ participation would be most welcome. The event starts at 1000, with between 300-500 bikes to ride in, but I’d appreciate Members and their Heskeths to be at the town centre for 0930 to ensure the bikes are set up in the HOC’s gazebo which will be in a prime position.  Please let me know if you can attend. 

www.daventrybikefest.co.uk

HOC trip to Switzerland – 9-15th July

Another trip across the continent (in place of HOC Weekend Gathering) for the HOC to catch up with as many of our European brethren as possible but primarily to spend a couple few days in Switzerland.  The plan will be, for the group listed below, to get a midday channel crossing on the Sunday and return to the UK on the Saturday.  We will be visiting St Quentin, Heidelberg, Zurich (2 nights), Troyes and Arras. For those attending more in-depth details will be sent separately.   

Members attending:

•   Scott & Paula Greig
•   Dave & Ellie Hartell
•   Keith & Elaine Rowles
•   Nigel & Shirley Hope
•   Merv & Linda Matthews
•   Colin Evans & Jan
•   Wout Hammer

Silverstone Classic – 28-30th July (cancelled for) the HOC

Bentley Drivers Club – 5th August 

Once again we’ve been invited to this superb event at Silverstone by the Bentley Drivers Club.  Free Tickets will be given to those Members who will be attending on their Heskeths or tickets can be bought as required. Names to me please

Annual Rally (Towcester) – 8-10th September

Although Towcester will feature heavily in the weekend’s schedule due to the club’s historical connections to the town, we’ll be staying near Silverstone for the Annual Rally; however, it also happens to be the same weekend as the British Super Bike event at the circuit; therefore, I strongly advise that whether you’re camping or B&Bing that book your accommodation asap.

Camping:

For those camping we’ll be at Whittlebury Park.  We’re allowed to be all in one area and we’ll set up the HOC Marquee (it’s a free for all on the day so we’ll need to coordinate between us); however, you’ll need to book directly with Whittlebury Park on this:

http://whittlebury.com/camping/book-online/

To get the right date, the Event is: 17D British Super Bikes 2017 then add you’re details and payment as required.

Whittlebury Park
Nr. Towcester,
Northamptonshire,
NN12 8WP
Telephone: 01327 850 000

B&B:

Due to its proximity to Wittlebury Park, the Premier Inn, Silverstone (behind the Green Man Pub on A43) is idea but again you will need to book eraly to secure a good price and a room!  Failing that, there are other B&Bs available locally.

Premier Inn Booking - 0871 527 8976

The Green Man Inn,
Brackley Hatch,
Brackley,
Northamptonshire
NN13 5TX
01280 850209

Piston & Props, Sywell Aerodrome, Northampton – 22-24th September

Stafford – 14-15th October

Factory visit (tbd) - November

I’m currently  working through a few of options.  Please keep an eye on these updates for more information.

These are just some of forthcoming social activities so please keep an eye on your emails/SOCK/HOC website for details.  As I’ve mentioned previously, the HOC is reliant on participating Members to perhaps help organize, or bring to our attention, something in your area that would be of interest to others, or just a general offer of assistance at one of the Club’s activities