Author Topic: Stafford Show - Oct 2012  (Read 465 times)

HOCAdmin

• Administrator
  • It wasn't me, I didn't do it, it's probably Spam!
    • Hesketh Owner's Club
Stafford Show - Oct 2012
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:29:58 AM »
19th "Carole Nash/Classic Motorcycle Mechanics" Show:

Will be at the Stafford County Showground over Sat/Sun 20th/21st October 2012.

Full details at the Classic Bike Shows website:

:

HOC will be there again and Dave H (Jnr) is organising the stand.  I'll be there on Saturday (on 4-wheels, unfortunately) so let's all pile along and get a look at each other (new faces particularly welcome..!)

HOCAdmin
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:32:29 AM by HOCAdmin »
A man with a plan... occasionally...

Miti

• HOC Committee
  • Brit V-Twin Fan
    • Hesketh Owners Club
Re: Stafford Show - Oct 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »
Well, I had a GREAT time at last weekend's show!  The weather was bright and sunny and it brought the traders and punters out in their droves... I've been to this show every year for the past decade (and a few spurious ones prior to that) and I have to say that this is amongst the best.  It was good to see some familiar faces too and I had a great time chatting with Les, Diane, Peter, Claire, Terry, Dora, Derek, Tig, Nigel and the other HOC folk that wandered into and about the stand.  I took some (ver poor) photos for your delectation...

From Left to Right:  Chris and Aileen (my Jockinese pals) Sue ('Er Indoors) Dora, Diane and Les...

Closer view with Peter's V1000 getting centre stage...

Derek's Vampire (Dave H Jnr's frequent ride)...

Peter's V1000 again (with the flash working this time)...

One well-travelled engine...

Derek's prize-winning white V1000 (love the decals, hate the colour!  Each to his own though, eh..?)...

This would make a great top banner for the Website... Anyone know who made the vinyl job..?

Another bike well worth a quick click... I really hope Norton get back in business with these...

Walking around the show, I managed to source two new camchains (see elsewhere for that thread) and arrange some VERY sympathetic polishing for my new (never before polished) timing cover.  I also sourced a neat "Uni-Thread" M5 insert kit for thread repairs (a neat addition to the M6 and M8 kits I already have...).  Prices across the show were very competitive and I also came away with a cracking new bike cover for £20 (cheap as chips and VERY high quality)...

At the end of the day, Tig and Derek mentioned some Hesketh panels being sold at one of the "autojumble" stalls... They came back with tales of unrealistic prices and empty hands...

Chris and I went down to have a look-see... There was an oil-cooler cover, the inner rear mudguard, a tailpiece and, most interesting of all, an ALLOY tank...  The paintwork was deep red (deeper than my own V1000's) with black coachlines and was definitely in need of attention...  We chatted with the (apparently uninterested) vendor, who said "He was selling them for a friend..." A likely tale...  His story had more holes than a Hesketh casting (ooh.. controversial..!) and after a few minutes waffle, I'd tested the water and found his price... I'll be visiting a locksmith tomorrow to get the fuel cap lock picked and a new key cut... ;D

So, a good show and loads to do over the winter... Smashing stuff!!

Miti
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:40:28 PM by Miti »
1975 Triumph Trident 750 (New Project)
1980 Yamaha XS1100 (Midnight Special)
1981 Yamaha XS1100 Sport (Trike Project)
1981 Yamaha XS1100 Sport (Reg'd 1985)
1982 Hesketh V1000 (Pre-Production Engine)