Author Topic: New Vampire Screens  (Read 1438 times)

Rob B

• L-Twins and Tripples Fan
New Vampire Screens
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
Any ideas of who might be able to produce a small run of Vampire screens and if so, does anyone need one apart from me? Tinted or clear? Grey or Pink?

The first crack in my existing screen is held together by a Laverda Owners Club sticker. Lacey Ducati has done a wonderful job of holding the second crack together but the latest one is beyond any amount of stickers.

I presume they go brittle after thirty years of extreme wind buffeting and I don't know what the best material is but I'm guessing it must be a thermo-formed or injection moulded acrylic of some sorts?

Or does anyone have a spare?

Many thanks...
Hesketh V1000 Black/Gold/Gold EN10++
Hesketh V1000 Red/Black/Black EN10++
Hesketh V1000 Black/Red/Black EN0
Laverda 180 Jota  Orange!
Triumph 900 Sprint

Miti

• HOC Committee
  • Brit V-Twin Fan
    • Hesketh Owners Club
Re: New Vampire Screens
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:41:28 PM »
Hi Rob.

Have you contact Hesketh Motorcycles to see if they have any spares..?  There were supposed to be many size variations available for the Vampire screens, so spares must have been made to provide such options (mustn't they..?)

Thing is, any spares from the original production run(s) may also be in poor condition simply because of their age.

I think the screens are made from a polycarbonate material called "Lexan", normally 4mm thick...

Skidmarx already make many screens for OEM and aftermarket fairings including 16 miscellaneous ones and three vintage ones.  Perhaps they could be persuaded to make a few Vampire ones, from a good original as a pattern..?

Miti
1974 Triumph T160 Trident (New Project)
1981 Yamaha XS1100 Sport (Trike Project)
1981 Yamaha XS1100 Sport (Red Sport)
1982 Hesketh V1000 (Production/Development Engine)