Author Topic: Footrest rubbers.  (Read 49 times)

AndyG

• Brit Twin Fan
Footrest rubbers.
« on: July 06, 2017, 01:53:49 AM »
Being a new Hesketh owner I am reading through old posts and gathering as much info as possible to keep my bike on the road and after reading about Jeff`s own rubbers I decided that my own needed replacing asap.Taking Jeff`s advice I found that a firm called David Silver Spares that specializes in old Honda parts. A pair of CB750 rubbers, part no. 50661310000, look like Hesketh footrest rubbers and fit perfectly, retail at £23.34 per pair including vat and postage. http://imgur.com/a/KoYws

Regards, Andy.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:50:52 PM by AndyG »

Rob B

• L-Twin Fan - Hesketh & Ducati
Re: Footrest rubbers.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »
Hello Andy,

The reason that the CB750 footrest rubbers look like Hesketh items is because they are. Actually the other way round of course... I have quite a few of these spare but as they are NOS (New Old Stock) items, they are quite hard and I suspect new ones from David Silver will be softer. I also have a big bag of original gear change rubbers but same problem as they seem to split within a few days of fitting them... Sadly, all these "original" spares are well past their sell-by date and I made a point of throwing all my old BREMBO brake seal kits in the bin that I knew were at least thirty-five years old, same for brake hoses which were fairly awful spongy things even when new, compared to modern black braided items...

I have just come back from a visit to the grand opening of MIRUS-55 (Moto Corsa) in Gillingham (Dorset) this morning on my V1000. Good range of bikes inside and out plus a great cafe', although their new Brough Superior doesn't do it for me. Quite sad they have dropped the HESKETH venture but understandable and its replacement looks fantastic...

RB
RB

1980 Jota - 1982 V1000 - 1985 SFC 1000
1993 907IE - 1995 Daytona Super III
1960 Perplexed Wife