Author Topic: New Shocks  (Read 620 times)

Rob B

• L-Twins and Tripples Fan
New Shocks
« on: August 14, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »
Just for info:

With a lot of assistance from Norman Hyde (who knows a thing or two!) and Ikon in Australia we have come up with two sets of shock absorbers, one set for the V1000 and the other set for a fully laden Vampire. I would add some pictures here if I could but can send them by email if anyone is interested. They work beautifully! I have refurbished the original Marzocchi AG Stradas and they are now put away on the shelf which is where they belong, for ever!

The IKON's are black bodied based on there SP14's with black springs and stainless upper and lower spring seats with the standard 4-way damping and preload adjustments, just like the original Koni Dialarides. By reducing the spring lengths by 20mm, the lower spring seats are positioned far enough up the body to miss the chain guard by a few mm and the spring outer diameter is only 4mm more than the originals so they don't interfere with the "standard" Krauser pannier frame brackets that Mick used to sell.

Price per pair for the V1000 is £279.30 + VAT
Price per pair for the Vampire is £368.00 + VAT

Not cheap but worth the effort I feel, and not so pricey as the Maxtons which required some severe butchery of the chain guard to fit.

If interested then contact Norman directly at IkonshocksUK <sales@ikonshocks.co.uk>

And if you want a new Hyde Harrier as much as I do, then contact Norman directly on norman@normanhyde.co.uk plus see Harrier information on www.hydeharrier.co.uk

RB
1980 Laverda Jota     
1982 Hesketh V1000    
1985 Laverda SFC1000
1995 Triumph 900 Daytona Super III   
1999 Triumph 1200 Daytona Special Edition

Miti

• HOC Committee
  • Brit V-Twin Fan
    • Hesketh Owners Club
Re: New Shocks
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:19:10 PM »
Well done Rob...  :D

Those are very reasonable prices for good quality suspension...  If you send the pictures to webmaster@heskethownersclub.org.uk, I'll get them uploaded no bother at all...

Jeff
1975 Triumph Trident 750 (New Project)
1980 Yamaha XS1100 (Midnight Special)
1981 Yamaha XS1100 Sport (Trike Project)
1981 Yamaha XS1100 Sport (Reg'd 1985)
1982 Hesketh V1000 (Pre-Production Engine)