Author Topic: Data Protection Act 2018  (Read 94 times)

HOCAdmin

• Administrator
  • It wasn't me, I didn't do it, it's probably Spam!
    • Hesketh Owner's Club
Data Protection Act 2018
« on: May 24, 2018, 11:25:59 PM »
Dear HOC Forum Members;

Today, Friday 25th May 2018, the Data Protection Act 2018 is enacted.

This brings with it a wealth of changes to the way an individual's personal data is 'processed'

As a 'not for profit' organisation.  The way in which HOC 'processes' your data within the Forum environment is entirely to permit the forum to function.  But, most importantly, the Data Protection Act 2018 gives every individual the right to request that any data held by an organisation be deleted (this is know as the 'Right to Be Forgotten'.  Consequently, this requires that our Forum Registration agreement be amended.  Any new members registering from this date forward will see this additional paragraph in the agreement:

'DATA PROTECTION:'

The data you provide will be used by the Forum Administrators to send you information regarding updates to the Forum.  The forum software also permits other forum members to contact you using the information you provide.  The latter is optional and may be stopped at any time by editing your forum profile and account settings.  However, the forum software cannot function without this data, so, whilst your data can be deleted, at your request, at any time, receipt of such a request by the administrators will result in the subject account (and all data held) being deleted.  If you do not agree to this use of your data, please do not agree to this registration agreement.[/i]

Of course, the new act applies to existing members also, so please take a moment to consider whether or not you are content for the forum to collect and use your data.  If not, please message me via the Forum or at HOCAdmin@heskethownersclub.org.uk and I will delete your data at the earliest opportunity.  Unfortunately a SMF forum account cannot function without this data, so requests received for data deletion will also result in account deletion. Apologies for this, but it's outside administrative control.

Thanks for reading this.  I hope you're enjoying the HOC Forum and will continue to do so.

Regards

HOCAdmin
Forum Administrator
A man with a plan... occasionally...