Author Topic: Paint code red  (Read 1310 times)

Volker

• Brit V-Twin Fan
Paint code red
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:39:41 PM »
Hi dear Members, Greeting from Berlin!

now my Hesketh is on the road again after many years of storage. It might be the only one in Germany.
The paint is in good shape apart from the tank.
It is the usual dark red colour.

Since I want to have it repainted. Is there a paint code or shall I take the fenders as a sample?
Are the decalls (code of arms) for the tank still available over the HOC?

Any answers very welcome.

Regards Volker

Dave Snr

• HOC Committee
  • Brit V-Twin Fan
Re: Paint code red
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »
Hi Volker,
Welcome to the Forum.
First of all, you are not alone in Germany, as we have long time owners of Heskeths who are also club members in Germany, as well as NL, Switzerland, Norway and the rest of the world. In 2012 we had a European trip which ended in Heidelberg and three German members were present. This year our summer rally was to Switzerland to a club member and again we met with Dutch and German members en route.
Paint is tricky as the bikes are 35 years old. Most of the original paint was done by Dream Machine in Nottingham UK which still exists, but as the paint fades over time and there were several shades of red on orginal Heskeths, it's often better to match the paint colour to the existing bikes other parts.
The tank decals are available to club members from our spares secretary. Make sure your painter knows that the cockrel points forwards - we have seen bikes where the decais have been put on backwards when a tank has been re-sprayed, not good when you have spent money on a paint job!
Club membership application forms are on the website. We need payment in pounds sterling and you can pay by bank transfer. Or you can pay by PayPal if you prefer, contact me for details.
Best regards
Dave H, club secretary.